Today leadership positions at Azerbaijan University have been symbolically implemented by its students - heirs. Traditionally, the “Varis Gunu” (“Heritage Day”) project is carried out on the occasion of Youth Day, Februrary 2. The aim of the project is to familiarize students with the university traditions, to teach them management skills and develop business communication.
The heirs started the day with the execution of their duties. During the day they tried to carry out their duties successfully.
In the second half of the day, the meeting of heir scientific council was held. The heir rector - Meltem Jahangirzada, the fourth year student of the School of Social Work chaired the meeting.
The issues, such as the organization of winter examination session of 2016-2017 academic year, teacher training, preparations for the spring term and the organization of international relations of the University were discussed in the meeting. The heirs suggested interesting ideas related to the development of the management strategies of the university. Javidan Heybetzadeh, the chair of the Student Youth Organization of Azerbaijan University also participated in the heir scientific council.
Meltem Jahangirzada, the heir rector stated that all suggestions put forward during the scientific council would be recorded and presented to the relevant bodies.
At the end of the day, the participants of the project were awarded with certificates.
The participants of the project “Varis Gunu” 2016/2017
- Rector’s heir– Maltam Jahangirzadeh ( Social Work, fouth year student)
- Vice-rector’s heir– Gunel Isakhanova (Social Work, second year student)
- The scientific council secretary’s heir – Ellada Suleymanova (Accounting and auditing, second year student )
- Heir of the dean of the School of Humanities – Ilaha Mammadova (Translation, second year student)
- Heir of the dean of the School of Business and Economics – Zahra Ibishova (Economics, third year student)
- Heir of the dean of the School of Information - Communication – Gulsum Babayeva (Mathematics, third year student)
- Heir of the dean of the School of Social Work – Zamin Zekiyev (Social Work, second year student)
- Heirof the head of the department of the master’s and doctoral studies – Lala Tagızadeh (MBA, Management)
- Heir of the education department head – Mirakbar Mirismayilli (Finance, fourth year student)
- Heir of the studen’t department head– Hemayil İbrahimkhalilova (Economics, third year student)
- Heir of the International Relations department head– Mahsati Alizadeh (Finance, BBA, fourth year student)
- Heir of the Tutoring service head– Munavvar Alasgarli (History, fourth year)
- Foreign Languages – 2 department (Finance, BBA, fourth year student)
Public Relations Depatment