Department of the Azerbaijani Language and Literature trains specialists at bachelor and master degrees:
- Philology (Azerbaijani Language and Literature)
- Philology (Azerbaijani Literature)
- Philology (Azerbaijani language)
- Literary criticism (Literature of foreign nations, American literature)
The department is led by the candidate of philological sciences, doc. Ulviyya Rahimova.
The most famous and prominent Azerbaijani scientists-prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev, prof. Maharram Gasimli, prof. Kamran Aliyev, prof. Farahim Sadigov, prof. Asif Hajiyev are the colleagues of the department. In general, the number of colleagues of the department is 18 people, 5 of them are professors and 6 are candidates of sciences, docents.
The colleagues of the department regularly deliver speeches in local and international scientific-theoretical and scientific-methodological conferences on research results, publish articles in scientific-methodical journals.
Students studying in the relevant specialties have passive and active practice in secondary schools and scientific research centers of Baku city.
Briefings with prominent scientists, writers and poets, and anniversaries are held at the department along with the training of personnel meeting modern challenges. Scientific workshops are organized once in 15 days under the guidance of Prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev. Scientific-theoretical problems of philology are discussed in the workshops held with the participation of professors, teachers and master students. Researchers from outside the university are also involved in the workshops.
The department organizes events and workshops in the following areas:
- Professor Gorkhmaz Guliyev leads "Actual Problems of Literature" trend
- Professor Maharram Gasimli leads "Folklore Studies" trend
The monographs written by the colleagues of the Department of Azerbaijani Language and Literature in the field of literary studies and culture were published and put to the use of students, post-graduate students, as well as the scientific community.
- Leading movements in American Literary Studies of the 20th century (prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev), Baku, 2011.
- Concepts of literary studies of the 20th century, (prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev), 2012.
- Prominent literary scholars of the 20th century (prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev, doc. Ulviyya Rahimova), 2014.
- Fundamentals of multiculturalism (prof. Gorkmaz Guliyev, doc. Ulviyya Rahimova) Baku, 2016
- Features of narration theory in contemporary literary studies (doc. Ulviyya Rahimova), Baku, 2016.
- American literature: Historical essays (prof. Gorkhmaz Guliyev), Baku, 2016.
- Ulviyya Hasamaddin Rahimova – Department Head, Docent
- Gorkhmaz Hasi Guliyev – Professor
- Kamran Imran Aliyev - Professor
- Maharram Pasha Gasimli - Professor
- Asif Abbas Hajiyev – Professor
- Farahim Balakishi Sadigov - Professor
- Farhad Kamal Madatov - Docent
- Amina Gudrat İbrahimli – Docent
- Aytan Abuzar Hajiyeva – Docent
- Lala Hasamaddin Aliguliyeva – Docent
- Ulviyya Chingiz Aliyeva - Docent
- Huseyn Rafayil Huseynov - Senior Lecturer
- Khayala Eldar Aliyeva – Senior Lecturer
- Ulkər Mugabil Ibrahimova – Senior Lecturer
- Aynur Mazahir Hasanova - Lecturer
- Tarana Farahim Movsumova - Lecturer
- Mansura Gardashkhan Ismayilova - Lecturer
- Khatun Ozbak Gulaliyeva – Laboratory assistant
You can find a short description of subjects studying by the department HERE.