The major information source of learning and teaching at the university, which stores 42100 copies, is the library fund. It mainly includes textsbooks and training aids, methodical, survey and political scientific literature as well as publicistic and other regulations and philosophical works. The fund stores 12900 copies of textbooks, 18300 copies of scientific literature covering different areas, 2500 copies of regulation-survey literature, 8400 copies of universal literature. There are 120 copies of electronic literature in the library as well.
There are 2 sectors, a reading room, a section and an electronic information hall in the library. The reading room has seating for 32 readers. A service desk and subscription is provided for teachers and students in the reading room. The university library provides teachers and students with all necessary textsbooks and methodical literature for the organization of the educational process on all subjects of the curriculum. It includes textbooks, methodical, survey and scientific technical literature as well as regulatory documents. The library also provides users with the Internet recourses.
- All books of the library fund are sent to cataloging department after being registered;
- Each received and registered book is catalogued, processed and sent to the service department.
Information – bibliography department
- The main part of the department are information-survey literature and periodicals.
- Information – bibliography department actively participates in all events held at Azerbaijan University and organizes mass arrangements, exhibitions, etc. regarding socio-political and cultural events in the Republic.
- Azerbaijan and foreign language literature are available in the general reading hall;
- The periodical hall is provided with the editions and journals published in previous years in Azerbaijan, Russia, CIS and other foreign countries.
- The internet hall is provided with internet access available for searching information.
- The journals and newspapers published in Azerbaijan, CIS, and other foreign countries can be ordered from the fund.
Subscription is available for all the staff of Azerbaijan University as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students. While being registered students and staff members are required to introduce the following documents:
- Identity card (for teachers)
- Student card (for students)
Books with a large number of copies can be returned until the end of the semester. However, the ones with a small number of copies can be borrowed for 1-5 days. All borrowed books must be returned until the end of the academic year.
- Individual Subscriber
- General reading hall
- Periodical hall
Unavailable to individual subscribers
- Publications of informational character (dictionaries, encyclopedias)
- Rare books and the ones existing in only one copy
Note: Library users are not served in case they have not returned the borrowed books within the due date and have not brought their student cards.
Frequently asked questions
1. Is it possible to extend the due date of the book I have borrowed from the library?
Readers can renew their borrowed books only once before the due date.
2. I have recently registered at University. How do I use the library?
Students newly registered can access the library by using their student cards.
3. I am currently a student at another university. May I use your library?
The Libary service is not available for students from other universities yet.
Work hours and contact:
- Monday: 08.30-17.30
- Tuesday: 08.30-17.30
- Wednesday: 08.30-17.30
- Thursday: 08.30-17.30
- Friday: 08.30-17.30
- Saturday: 08.30-17.30
- Sunday: closed
Naila Nakhıyeva Mammad – Library director
Gulnara Ibrahimova Rizvan – Librarian
Gulnara Huseynli Azim – Librarian
Humay Mirzayeva Balaakha - Librarian