Program code: 050410
Group on entrance exam: II
Program duration and format : 4 years/ 8 semesters, full-time
Language of instruction: Azerbaijani
Internship duration: 14 weeks
Required credits: 240
Awarded degree: Bachelor
Tuition fee : 2500 AZN
The primary purpose of the Management major at Azerbaijan University is to provide knowledge and skills for students who wish to prepare themselves for management careers in governmental and community agencies and to instill in students the necessary analytical tools to develop programs and policies in public administration. There are wide career prospects for successful graduates.
Azerbaijan University has been preparing individuals in this major since 2009. The involvement of professionals who work in the public and private structures enriches the educational process as well. International relations paves the way for successful participation in research programmes and exchange programmes of teachers and students.
During 4 academic years all students learn how to apply their knowledge in variable fields and management skills through participating in seminars held by professional teachers and internship. In addition, to the 14 weeks internship period allotted for the program seminars, trainings and certification programs organized in the department aim to prepare individuals as successful specialists.
Graduates in this major develop the following skills :
- Strong understanding of micro and macroeconomics concepts and social-economic statistics;
- Economic calculations, evaluation and analys of processes in country and region markets;
- Modern methods of public administration;
- Legal regulation of the economy, critical and human resources management.
Graduates of Public Administration major are employed in state and municipal institutions of the country. Usually they start their career working in central and local executive authorities, municipalities as well as state subordinate institutions, corporative governance as a middle-level managers. Some of them continue their education at Azerbaijan University and other advanced institutions at the post graduate level.
Courses taken and possible research areas:
- Management theory
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Mathematical analysis and linear algebra
- Theory of probability and mathematical statistics
- Taxes and taxation
- Management of human resources
- Economic informatics
- Information and communication technologies
- Business correspondence
- Environmental economics
- Introduction to national economics
- State regulation of sustainable development
- Legal regulation of economics
- Strategic management
- Critical management
- Management decisions
- Organizational behaviour
- Administrative law
- Civil service
- Public relations
- Municipal Governance
- Management theory
- Ethics in Public Service
Class Schedule of State and Municipal Management available HERE.