Program code: 050509
Group on entrance exam: I
Program duration and format : 4 years/ 8 semesters, full-time
Language of instruction : Azerbaijani
Internship duration: 14 weeks
Required credits: 240
Awarded degree: Bachelor
Tuition fee : 2500 AZN
There are basically two mainstreams of graduates majoring in Mathematics:
- Activity in mathematical-oriented institutions
- Control activity in the areas related to Mathematical application
These professionals also can work at secondary schools in accordance with existing rules and continue their education at post graduate level.
The Department of Mathematics and Informatics conducts this course at Azerbaijan University. The instructors of this department are alumni of the leading universities of Azerbaijan, Turkey, Russia and other Western countries. They have worked and specialized in different foreign research centres and institutions.
All the necessary conditions and research laboratories are available at Azerbaijan University for practical courses. There are computer laboratories of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at each of the three educational buildings of Azerbaijan University. The latest generation of computer processors, original assembly, LCD monitors and other necessary technical devices are well equipped. All computers are provided with software programs package according to standards of the Ministry of Education and requirements of the other particular subjects.
4 laboratories each provided with 24 computers and 2 laboratories each provided with 18 computers in the first educational building;
3 laboratories each provided with 12 computers in the second educational building.
Totally 138 computers are installed in 9 laboratories and all of the teaching offices are equipped with projectors and notebook for teachers. All computers are connected to the common network with permanent Internet access.
Training sessions in Mathematics are held as lectures, tutorials, seminars, independent work, laboratory experiments and so on. Interactive learning, discussions, laboratory and practical research are the main forms of educational process.
In addition, based on the contracts students are sent to research institutions, relevant companies and organizations, secondary schools in Baku to do industrial and pedagogical internship.
Courses taken and possible research areas:
- Mathematical analysis - 1
- Mathematical analysis - 2
- Mathematical analysis - 3
- Mathematical analysis - 4
- Programming - 1
- Programming - 2
- Analytical geometry
- Algebra and Number theory - 1
- Algebra and Number theory - 2
- Physics -1
- Physics -2
- Differential geometry and topology
- Differential Equations -1
- Differential Equations - 2
- Discrete Mathematics
- Theory of Probability and Mathematical statistics
- Variational calculus and optimization techniques
- Theory of functions and functional analysis - 1
- Theory of functions and functional analysis - 2
- Theory of complex analysis
- Computational Methods - 1
- Computational Methods - 2
- Mathematical physics equations
- Theoretical mechanics
Class Schedule of Mathematics available HERE.